I’m going to save you three years of your life getting an MBA degree, or several thousand dollars paid to a consultant, and give you a simple formula for doubling your business in a year. It’s so simple most of you won’t do it…but I know it works, I’ve proven it in my own business!
Here it is: find the few drivers of your business and Focus Like Crazy on improving them.
For example, if you get most of your clients through the internet, Focus Like Crazy on getting increased traffic and higher conversion rates.
If most of your clients come through trade shows, Focus Like Crazy on doing more and better trade shows.
If most of your clients come through referrals, Focus Like Crazy on getting more people talking about you.
It should be clear by now that my opinion the obstacle between you and doubling your business is focus. What does that mean? Here are five steps:
- Identify the single metric that gives the best measure of how well you are performing at that highest payoff activity.
- Create a plan to generate that metric on a consistent schedule.
- Make certain that everyone in your organization is aware of that metric and plan.
- Constantly refer to that metric in meetings, emails, conversation—become obsessed!
- Since you also have a business to run, and many demands on your time, consider hiring someone who will Focus Like Crazy on that one activity.
That is, if you get most of your clients through internet marketing, hire someone who will Focus Like Crazy on getting you more website traffic.
If your clients are primarily from trade shows, hire someone who will Focus Like Crazy on booking more trade shows and improving your lead generation processes at those shows.
If referrals, hire a referral marketing specialist who will Focus Like Crazy on generating more referrals,
I read the results of a survey of Fortune 100 executives several months ago. These men and women put in ten and twelve hour days consistently, and were very highly compensated for their efforts. Yet, when asked how much of their day was spent in productive activity specific to their job responsibilities, the average answer was just one hour. Imagine what they could accomplish if allowed to Focus Like Crazy?
What would happen in your business if you allowed yourself to Focus Like Crazy? That is how you can double your business in just one year.