Social media is so much more than simply posting pictures and chatting with friends. When used strategically, it can be utilized to grow your business. This involves more than just posting consistently, which is why it’s important for your business to develop a social media marketing strategy.
What Is A Social Media Marketing Strategy?
A social media marketing strategy is a blueprint which will combine your audience’s wants and needs with your business goals and what you’re looking to achieve. Your goal may be to generate leads or phone calls, to educate or inform, and to ultimately sell your product or service.
There’s many different social media platforms. It’s important to evaluate where your audience spends the most time and make sure you have an online presence there. Your strategy will involve creating a plan for who you’ll be speaking to, what type of content you’ll be creating, and where you’ll be posting that content.
Social Media Marketing Strategy Example
The following is an example of what a typical social media marketing strategy looks like.
- Setting smart goals. These can be measured in metrics such as likes, comments, shares, followers, clicks, signups, or phone calls.
- Audience analysis. What are their needs, pain points, and unique characteristics?
- Competitive analysis. Research your competition to find out what social networks they’re on, what type of content they produce, and what their strengths and weaknesses are.
- Social media audit. Analyze your social media profiles to see what’s working and what’s not. Is your audience engaging with you?
- Content strategy. Develop the types of content you’ll be creating and a plan for where you’ll be posting it.
Marketing Strategy For Social Networking Sites
Another key ingredient to this overall marketing strategy is understanding the importance of getting on citation/directory sites. Citations give your business a visibility boost online, and act as another way for your potential customers to find you.
They also help with SEO. Citations give your business more credibility and will boost your rankings in the search engines. Citation building is a popular service that we offer here at The Alchemy Consulting Group.
We can do a comparative analysis of your top ten competitors to find out what citations they have claimed. We can then ensure we claim those same listings for your business, as well as other ones to give you that extra boost over your competition. Contact us today to learn more about this.
How To Create A Social Media Marketing Strategy From Scratch
Creating a social media marketing strategy from scratch might seem like a daunting task. However, developing the perfect plan for your business doesn’t have to be complicated. The simplest way is to use a template.
Use Our Free Social Media Marketing Strategy Template
This easy-to-follow template walks you through developing your strategy, step by step. It covers each aspect that makes up an effective strategy. Questions? Contact us at 877-978-2110 or email email@example.com.